Christine and Graham would like to welcome you to Manor Farm, a 300 year old farmhouse in a small village called Wardlow, situated in the heart of the beautiful Peak District National Park. Although it is no longer a working farm it is surrounded by the local farmers fields with grazing livestock and crops.
We have updated and converted this beautiful family home into a bed and breakfast offering:
- Two double bedrooms with en suite facilities.
- One deluxe room with super king bed (which can be separated to make twin beds), again with its own en suite with double size shower, plus comfy relaxing sofa and TV with built in DVD player and USB charging points.
- A large bathroom with a shower over the bath available to be used by any of the rooms.
- Breakfast room offering a large choice for breakfast to set you up for a good day discovering the Peak District National Park.
- Wall mounted TV with built in DVD player available in the breakfast room along with a selection of books showing walking and cycling routes and family games.
- Off street parking is available for up to four cars.
- Secure storage, wash down and workshop facilities for those bringing bicycles (please bring your own locks and tools).
The Local Area
We are ideally placed between the Dark Peak and the White Peak for arguably some of the most beautiful walks, mountain biking, road cycling and rock climbing in the UK and some picturesque villages, towns and historic buildings to visit.
Family walks and cycling
- Monsal Trail
- Tissington Trail
- High Peak Trail
- Ladybower Reservoir
- Cressbrook Dale
Tougher walks and mountain biking
- Hope Valley
- Edale Valley
- Mam Tor
- Stanage Edge
- Derwent Valley
Places to visit
- Tideswell – The Cathedral of the Peak
- The Spa town of Buxton
- Castleton with its caves and Castle
- The historic village of Eyam
- Matlock Bath
- Peak Rail – Steam Railway
- Crich – National Tramway Museum
Eating and drinking locally
- The Red Lion – Litton
- The Bulls Head – Foolow
- The Anglers Rest – Millers Dale
- The Crispin – Great Longstone
- The Packhorse – Little Longstone
- Eyam Tea Rooms
- Cafe Adventure – Hope
- And many, many more
For families there are the old disused railway lines converted to level walks, and cycling routes such as the famous Monsal Trail, just a mile or so from our front door. There is also the Derwent Valley and its trio of Dams: Ladybower, Derwent and Howden, which make a lovely walk with fantastic scenery and stunning views.
If you’re feeling a little more energetic, then we have the Hope valley and Edale with Mam Tor, Jacobs Ladder and Kinder Scout to test you and provide some fantastic photographic opportunities.
For the cyclists amongst us, we are situated in arguably the best part of the country for both mountain bikers and roadies alike. With some of the best routes available from our front door and many more a short distance from us including Jacobs Ladder, Hope Cross, the Beast, Jaggers Clough, and Cut Gate, to name just a few mountain bike favourites. As for road cycling, I have never personally come across anywhere else that has such a vast network of hardly used minor roads all linking some beautiful villages with many cycle friendly cafes and pubs. Cycle hire, maintenance and spares all available locally at Bike Garage where James will be only too pleased to help you: www.bikegarage.co.uk
We have many guide books, maps and route cards for guests to borrow, plus a mountain of local knowledge as we regularly walk, mountain bike and road cycle the area ourselves. Although I am not qualified to guide, I would be more than happy to accompany any mountain bikers staying with us to help you find the best routes in the area, or to put you in touch with professional guides based locally.
We are very spoilt in this area with some of the best quality and value pubs, restaurant and cafes in the country, some of which we have listed above, but there are many more to be discovered in the local villages and towns. Many of these can be reached by walking, cycling or using the local buses.
Call 07735 390573 or email email@example.com for further information.